Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day - July 1, 2009


Self
- 5:40pm

Went down to Granville Island today to pick up sketching supplies at the Opus store and had a late lunch at the Granville Island Hotel. Sat in the sun outside for a while just watching people go by. Lot and lots of people.

Well I just got back home at 5:20pm and could wait no longer to christen one of the new sketchbooks. I haven't done any sketching for quite a while so am rusty. Anyway as a quick ten minute exercise I did the above sketch of myself. Okay anyone who knows me can have a good laugh... hey it takes practice :-)

Actually, with my red shirt on I kind of look like a chubby but ill-fated "Red Shirt" from the original Star Trek TV show.

Okay, just another quick sketch this evening from the seawall outside.


Razor Girl
- along the seawall - 7:30pm



Anyway, new pencils, new sketch books... armed and dangerous.... Cyberdave

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you're getting back into it. Love some of the older watercolour stuff you posted. Looking forward to following your progress. Enjoy!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your blog, nice to know that there is some artistic talent in the family.
    Keep up the good work.
    Mike.

    ReplyDelete