Translate

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 3, 2011

I was sitting looking out of my home office window and noticed all the back-lane people traffic. I was fascinated by the number of "homeless binners" that travelled up and down the lane. I wondered if they have some common route map because they all seem to follow the same route from bin to bin. It kind of reminded me of ants following a blazed trail. These folks do a spectacular job of recycling, especially bottles and cans that were not sorted by the residents. Some of the residents even sort the bottles and cans and leave them out for these folks. There is a local recycle centre up the road where these professional "binners" take their stuff in exchange for payment. These local entrepreneurs have a self imposed code of ethics.


"Urban Buffet"
(Final)
Drawn from my home office window
[click image for larger view]

"Distraction"
(Final)
Drawn from my home office window
[click image for larger view]

No comments:

Post a Comment