Translate

Monday, November 7, 2011

November 6, 2011

A further sketch in the "Vancouver West-end Sketchbook". This one is of the English Bay Hotel on the corner of Denman Street at Pendrell Street. This appears to be a 1950's style concrete building (ugly and similar to construction to "The Residency" where I live). I do note that in the 12 or so years I have lived in the area, I do not recall ever seeing anyone enter or exit this building (strange because it is not only a Hotel in a high tourist area but also because it has appeared to be open that whole time).

"English Bay Hotel" - Denman at Pendrell
[Click on image for larger view]

1 comment:

  1. Great sketch... perhaps you're not there at the times when people go in and out of this hotel.. or maybe it's got an underground entrance and is really full of spies and foreign government operatives (or I have an overactive imagination).
    Found your blog via Sketchalina's blog...

    ReplyDelete