Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sketchcrawl#33 - More

On Saturday October 15, 2011 I had been sketching at Granville Island Public Market for my contributions to the World Wide Sketchcrawl #33. After starting at 8:00am in the cold damp I was not feeling very well by 1:30 in the afternoon. I had already done three pencil and watercolour sketches. To get warm I had gone inside the market to do one last sketch. Unlike the other sketch locations, there was nowhere to sit and so I changed my sketch style to suit the situation. I had to work quickly and therefore decided to use a drawing pen instead of pencil. The sketch led itself to a splash of simple watercolours.  I did not get completely finished before I felt so ill I had to leave. The sketch was finished after being home for a while and resting up, but I did not make many changes. The delay in finishing allowed me to consider the sketch and allowed me to make the decision not to colour all the scene. I think this was the correct decision.

"Market Inside" - Granville Island Public Market
[Click on image for larger view]

No comments:

Post a Comment